Do you own valuable, hand-made rugs? Some of these rugs can be cleaned in your home, but a wool rug can take up to 48 hours to dry, and we can do a much more thorough cleaning if we clean it in our plant. For valuable hand-made rugs, we recommend an in plant cleaning. We will pick up, clean, dry, and deliver your rug. We are able to do a much more thorough; deep cleaning if we clean and dry your rug in our own climate controlled drying room.
Our in plant Oriental rug cleaning service includes:
- Pick- up of your rug
- Proper “Dusting” of your rug. We hang up your rug and agitate the back of the rug to beat out dry soil, dust, dust mites, pollen, etc and then vacuum both sides of the rug with our commercial vacuum cleaners.
- We pre-treat the fibers with a wool friendly detergent and then gently shampoo the rug with a carpet shampooing machine with soft rotating brushes.
- We then use our hot water extraction equipment to rinse and extract the soiled solution. Our rinse solution also contains a fiber protector and a deodorizer.
- We groom the rug with a rug brush to ensure that all of the pile is aligned properly
- We hang the rug up to dry. We turn on our heavy duty dehumidifiers and fans to speed up dry time.
- We clean the fringes of the rug.
Once the rug is dry, we roll it up and deliver it to you. We are happy to roll the rug out for you and put it back in place.